Re: [News] !!! ---> OpenMono <---!!! Reached by Several Phone Platforms and Vice Versa

>> You seem to have a rather limited definition of "open", since even
>> such hardliners as Debian, the FSF, and RMS say it is open.

I am not Stallman, nor am I the author of the DFSG:

http://slated.org/free_software_diseased_by_mono#comment-123
http://slated.org/gnome_accelerates_poisoning_of_free_software#comment-129

Also:

http://slated.org/free_software_diseased_by_mono#comment-121

With particular reference to the two paragraphs starting with:

"GNU/Linux has software that "clones" proprietary technology from other
companies too, so why should I be so obsessed with the encumbered
technology coming from just one company, Microsoft?"

IMHO neither Stallman's nor Debian's philosophies are hardline /enough/,
because they take a passive; defensive; and mostly agnostic approach to
protecting freedom, whereas I prefer the offensive approach of attacking
the enemy with the same virulence with which they attack Free Software.

For me, that means exposing Microsoft's corruption and hidden agenda,
and persuading those who support that agenda (deliberately or otherwise)
that they are complicit in bolstering the monopoly of one of the most
vile and reprehensible corporations in history, and subsequently the
sabotage of Free Software (and freedom in the wider sense, WRT to civil
liberties and similar issues).

Bear in mind that Microsoft's agenda is as much political as it is
financial. They are on the leading edge of the wave of right-wing
extremism that supports ideologies such as censorship and controlled
access to information ... fundamentally the control of /people/.
It is an agenda that seeks to spread slavery.

> Open it is.

I say it isn't. Pedantically the /source/ is open ... but the technology
behind it is encumbered, and the agenda driving it is not transparent.
IMO labelling it "Open" is an obfuscation of the truth. .Net is yet
another Microsoft assimilation tool, and Mono is helping that goal. The
ideology behind this is /not/ "Open", regardless of how the source is
labelled.

> But is it /safe/?  ;->

No. You can take it as read that /everything/ Microsoft produces is
dangerous, at least in the political sense. Everything they do is
designed to further their domination, and with it the spread of their
sick ideologies.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "There would be in the license, a caveat which forbids publishing a
| distro until it has been approved by an OSS committee." ~ Comrade
| Hardon Quirk, communist party member.

 21:24:28 up 49 days, 19:00,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00