Re: Microsoft ass-dragging

____/ [H]omer on Friday 08 February 2008 04:27 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>
>>    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080130154057257
>>
>>    The Court Order Extending Oversight Over Microsoft and
>>    Interoperability
>
> I hope Mono supporters are reading this:
>
> .----
> | Now, Microsoft has been promising the court that it would comply
> | with the requirement to provide documentation to make
> | interoperability possible in that context. And as I understand the
> | upcoming Ballot Resolution Meeting process, Microsoft will be
> | apparently making similar promises to fix problems after the vote,
> | in order to get yes votes. But, how reliable are those promises, if
> | they've been unable to comply with a US court for five years? The
> | extension was ordered because after all this time, it still has not
> | done so.
> `----
>
> IOW Microsoft's "promises" are worth less than used toilet paper.

Poker face. There are so many other examples. Here is a good quote:

"I know Microsoft, and I know my industry. I thoroughly comprehend how
Microsoft's products, agendas, and conduct have shaped and defined
computing as we know it today. I have friends and colleagues who work
at Microsoft, and I have others who work with its current partners,
its former partners, and its direct competitors. Having read Judge
Thomas Penfield Jackson's Findings of Fact in the civil matter as
rendered 5 November 1999, and having shared my opinions at length with
others directly affected by those Findings since that time, I can
state without hesitation that there is nothing in those Findings to
which I take exception, or about which I personally can find any
reason to disagree. I call your attention to the fact that these
Findings of Fact were given deference by the Court of Appeals, despite
that certain elements were called into question, and despite the
disqualification of the judge. The Appeals Court's thorough study of
the Findings of Fact, as well as the other evidence in the case before
the District Court, uphold a quintessential truth whose importance
transcends any scrutiny of judicial misconduct: Microsoft's conduct as
a corporation and a manufacturer of computing products, is predicated
upon an internal policy of deception, which includes deceiving
customers, deceiving competitors, deceiving partners, deceiving its
own vendors, and at some level, deceiving its own staff."

                                ---Scott M. Fulton

Emphasis on the latter parts.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
Tasks: 157 total,   1 running, 156 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie