[News] Spype [sic] 2 Had New Build for Linux

  • Subject: [News] Spype [sic] 2 Had New Build for Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:53:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Skype for Linux 2.0.0.43 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| New features:
|
|     * Additional X11 overlay output support for video calls (without using
|       Xv).
|     * Automatic scrolling whilst highlighting in chat.
|     * Click-and-hold for Call button on contact card to make SkypeOut calls
|       to contact's Home, Office, Mobile numbers.
|     * Click-and-hold for Call button on incoming call popup to invite to
|       conference call.

http://core.tweakers.net/meuktracker/17077/skype-for-linux-20043-beta.html

Best feature: it may be NSA-friendly. But at least they turn to Linux...

Recent:

Skype for Linux 2.0 - with Video support

,----[ Quote ]
| Skype has released a new Beta version of it’s VoIP client for Linux. The new
| release comes with video support.
|
| For the first time every Linux’ Skype client now features full video support.
| With this feature the Linux client catches up with the Windows and MacOS
| client. The most important features listed in the changelog are:
|
|         * feature: Video.
|         * video feature: Video Devices options dialog.
|         * video feature: Video Accept/Decline dialog.
|         * video feature: Full-screen video.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/11/07/skype-for-linux-20-with-video-support/

Skype dev plans: GUI-less Skype for Linux and more

,----[ Quote ]
| To end users, probably the most interesting development is a planned
| functionality that will allow Skype for Linux users to bypass the current
| login dialog (user ID and password). Skype says this capability will make
| Skype easier to use without a GUI.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2472

Why proprietary code is bad for security

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=394