Re: [News] Nokia is Snogging the Convicted Monopolist

Thomas Armagost <silly@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
> In message <1449789.mK1sCn0MQG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Microsoft urges Nokia to offer Windows Mobile devices
>
> [chomp]
>
> > "We work closely with Nokia and we would love to have them go all
> > the way," he said. "It's something we talk about all the time."
>
> Ain't love grand?
>
> > http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16510/1055/
> >
> > Despite their Linux tablets, Nokia is a big lobbyist for software
> > patents, it's a monopoly, and the Trolltech buyout seems hostile.
>
> Bridge trolls tend to be hostile.  Garden gnomes are more reasonable.
>
> I'll attempt to post to my WordPress blog via wi-fi Thursday night
> from a coffee house in downtown Riverside, California using a Nokia
> n800 Linux tablet with a Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard.
>
> http://sillyblog.net/wordpress
>
> Wish me luck.

You shouldn't need it, however, if Microsoft were successful in turning
Nokia around, bearing in mind that Nokia have shown zero signs of
abandoning Symbian for their phones, then we might see an end to the
N800 series.

Don't forget, even Microsoft had a unix version once...