Re: MICROSOFT: KEEP YOUR EVlL GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF OUR FLICKR

> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 06 February 2008 23:41 : \____
>

> http://www.flickr.com/groups/microsoft-keep-your-evil-grubby-hands-off-our-flickr/pool/
>
> But people love Microsoft. It's a top brand, isn't it? When Flickr was still an
> exciting and cool startup from Vermont (?) it attracted a lot of Mac users and
> people who do not like the monoculture. Flickr is an excellent example of
> cultures clashing. Yahoo is too diverse for Microsoft. The bid just doesn't
> parse...

Nessuno posted an excellent analysis a couple of threads-back which
summed up the Microsoft & Yahoo issues extremely well.  Microsoft just
don't seem to be able to process the idea that they're in deep trouble,
and truly don't seem able to comprehend that losing cash by the US$bns
is not going to get them out of said trouble.

Buying another failing business is not the right answer.

I stand by my position on this - Microsoft *desperately* need new
management, someone who will take some risks to clean out the board and
senior management, and sort through the middle and junior management in
order to separate the politicians from those who truly understand the
company, the beaurocrats from the creative talent, the risk-blind from
the real engineers.

Unfortunately, a culture change, which is what Microsoft desperately
need, is not easy, and takes a very long time.  Unless Microsoft can
stop haemoraging cash soon, there won't be anything left to rescue.