[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Bid for Yahoo Makes a Flickr Users Revolt, Congress Steps in

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Bid for Yahoo Makes a Flickr Users Revolt, Congress Steps in
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:06:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Flickr fans band together to fend off Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The Microsoft: Keep Your Evil Grubby Hands Off Our Flickr group has 1,804
| members and counting.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9865225-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft's Yahoo bid raises more congressional eyebrows

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the public hearing, whose date has not yet been set, the
| committee chairmen said they would also be requesting "a confidential
| briefing from the appropriate government regulators."
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9865075-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Murdpch no longer bids, but others do.

Yesterday:

Apple among those considering rival bid for Yahoo?

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to Apple and News Corp., several other firms are reported to be
| unwilling to allow Microsoft to gobble up Yahoo without a fight, including
| American media conglomerate InterActiveCorp and leading Chinese search firms
| such as Alibaba.com.
|
| "Yahoo chief executive and co-founder Jerry Yang is understood not to be
| Microsoft's greatest fan, and would be prepared to line up another 'white
| knight' rather than concede to Ballmer," the Scotsman wrote in its report.-
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/02/04/apple_among_those_considering_rival_bid_for_yahoo.html
http://tinyurl.com/3cuudj

Recent:

Microsoft-Yahoo Deal Faces Competition Scrutiny

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's audacious $44.6bn bid for Yahoo! could fall foul of European
| competition law, according to a leading competition consultancy.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=6D714A80-16E9-4F25-94B0-B87519A3F182

With Yahoo, Microsoft faces antitrust fight once again

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's proposed $44.6 billion purchase of Yahoo could subject the
| software giant to the kind of critical antitrust scrutiny from Washington it
| hasn't experienced in nearly a decade.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9862973-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Yahoo may consider Google alliance, source says

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0362915520080204