Re: COLA Trolls Also Reside in Slashdot, Post as "Anonymous Coward"

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Well, well... so it's not just Digg then.
> [...]
>> http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=441432&cid=22295922
>
> It's hilarious how they keep harping on about how prolifically you post,
> whilst ignoring the fact that they're stalking you just as prolifically.

It's a standard debating tactic, to take your own poor behaviour or
non-credible "point" and pretend that the opposition is showing that
behaviour or making that point.  Oddly, this particular tactic is rarely
listed in the "debating tactics" sites one can find on the net, and yet
it is one of the most common dishonest tricks going.

> I can sympathise with someone wanting to expose corruption to the extent
> that they'd post heavily ... that's a worthy cause IMHO, but spending
> one's life stalking the exposer is just sick ... even if they are being
> paid for it, as I suspect.

I remain convinced that something of economic worth changes hands with
our posters.  Even Sn1t couldn't possibly continue what he does without
some good reason, could he?

> I'm more convinced than ever that these shills are in fact Microsoft
> employees, rather than just the typical fanbois cum evangelists that
> Microsoft recruits on an ad-hoc basis, whenever they're in trouble.

I don't think that there's anything ad-hoc about this.  I even got to
observe at least one shill start here in Cola and then move on to
Slashdot.