Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 06 February 2008 07:30 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 05 February 2008 18:39 : \____
>>
>>> RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Yahoo are on their way out anyway.  I've nothing particularly against
>>> them, but they are no longer "kewl".
>>
>> Were they ever. I did E-mail with them for several years, but only because
>> options were very limited at the time. I don't think they were ever seen as
>> cool (maybe in Japan they were).
>>

> When the search market was Altavista, Webcrawler and Yahoo!, then only
> the latter had any real traction amongst the young and trendy.  That was
> long ago, though.  Interestingly, they have some useful services,
> including their financial pages.

The interesting thing about indexes (search) is that you can't combine their
powers, especially if one runs Windows and Tee and the other runs robust
FreeBSD (not to mention independent implementations). Someone should explain
this to Ballmer. Yahoo won't help Microsoft against Google's bread and butter.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Cpu(s): 25.6%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.4%id,  3.5%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st