Re: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 05 February 2008 18:36 : \____

>> ____/ Jerry McBride on Tuesday 05 February 2008 17:46 : \____

>>> I really, really, really ope the deal goes through. It would be of Titantic
>>> proportions... hehehe
>>
>> They just hope to sink Google before it grows bigger than Microsoft. It's
>> all or nothing at all. Microsoft pawns the house.
>>

> I think that if it goes ahead, it will probably be the end of both
> Microsoft and Yahoo.  Aside from anything else, Microsoft will get even
> more anti-trust interest, and the whole thing utterly fails to address
> the singular issue that Microsoft's problems are internal, not external.

Months ago (very alarming at the time):

,----[ Quote ]
| Aiming to rally its partners around the reality of hosted software, Microsoft
| Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner told them it was a matter of financial
| life and death.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195764.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
Swap:  1510068k total,   350092k used,  1159976k free,    87860k cached