Re: [News] Ubuntu Takes Over Eee PCs, Celebrates a Week of Wins

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:21:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The Evolution of an Ubuntu EeePC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Enter Ubuntu on the EeePC. Not only did it install quickly and easily
> on the | miniature hardware, but it seems to be the first Linux distro
> that actually | works on par with a modern OS like OSX. Once the core OS
> was installed, all | it took was the help of the “ubuntu-eee” script
> which tweaked the UI, | installed updated wifi drivers, and performed a
> number of optimizations. | After a quick reboot, everything was up and
> running smoothly. `----
>
> http://fuzzz.gaulin.ca/2008/02/03/the-evolution-of-an-ubuntu-eeepc/

I am sorely tempted to purchase another Eee just so I can play with it.

I use my current Eee as a lightweight remote access machine so I can work
if needed when  I'm out without having to lug around a full sized laptop,
so I can't very well go messing about with it.