Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Server 2008 Apparently as Bad as Vista (Same Codebase)

> What will run on Windows Server 2008 ? and when
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Are we in for a Windows-Vista-like experience, where even some of Microsoft?s
>| own applications didn?t work with its new operating system for weeks, if not
>| months?
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| A number of Microsoft server apps that won?t support Windows Server 2008
>| until the latter half of 2008, when service packs providing Server 2008
>| compatibility are released.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1153
>
> That sounds very familiar. Wait until the marketing fog dissipates.

Indeed.  Mary Ho just needed a first paragraph that grabs the reader.

But I still don't see why you'd pay for a Microsoft server unless you
were already committed to a Microsoft infrastructure.

--
The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.
   -- Bill Gates, BusinessWeek, 26 November 1984