[News] Navicron Builds Platform with Linux and GTK

  • Subject: [News] Navicron Builds Platform with Linux and GTK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:48:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Navicron Introduces Software and Hardware Development Platforms With Superior
Flexibility for Smart Wireless Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on a Linux kernel with a GTK-based front end, the software is both
| versatile and simple to develop applications for. The intuitive and adaptable
| Graphical User Interface (GUI) is designed with a touch screen in mind, and
| allows input from a keyboard, finger or stylus. Navicron's own innovative
| Remote Access Integrated Server (RAIS) feature provides remote access to the
| features of the phone, further expanding the possibility of new applications.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=816926

Quote for the day:

"I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
public good."

                                        --Adam Smith

Related:

Doing it with style: bringing more bling to GTK with OpenGL

| Müller is currently developing the GDM Face Browser, a new login manager for
| Ubuntu that will include enhanced visual effects and smoothly animated
| transitions. To implement the face browser, he will need to be able to
| seamlessly combine OpenGL and conventional GTK widgets. Existing canvas
| libraries like Pigment and Clutter are certainly robust options for OpenGL
| development, but they do not offer support for the kind of integration that
| he envisions.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071217-bringing-more-bling-to-gtk-with-opengl.html

GNOME theme engine designer adds transparency to GTK

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/12/gnome-theme-engine-designer-adds-transparency-to-gtk
http://tinyurl.com/ywute3