[News] Romantic GNU/Linux Replaced by Mainstream Linux?

  • Subject: [News] Romantic GNU/Linux Replaced by Mainstream Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:27:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I don't believe anymore that freedom (of software) still exists...

,----[ Quote ]
| The romantic times are gone, now Linux is mainstream and business-like
| thinking is gonna kill the fun of it -- and the freedom altogether.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/02/03/01/34/54-i-don-t-believe-anymore-that-fre

This image is funny (has an element of truth).

Related:

OpenSolaris, Gobuntu, and be careful who you kiss

,----[ Quote ]
| I read the agreement between Xandros and Microsoft, and one of the excluded
| products was Mono, so Microsoft promises to not sue Xandros over their
| distribution but excluding Mono and a few other products, i.e. they reserve
| the right to sue over Mono. I wonder if this is an interesting preview of on
| what basis they want to fight the free world.
|
| Interestingly, the Novell deal seems to be different, Mono is not excluded
| from the Novell deal. So Microsoft seems to be promising not to sue Novell
| over Mono, but keeps the option open for Xandros. Weird but true.
`----

http://commandline.org.uk/2007/be-careful-who-you-kiss/

Miguel, Mono and Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]