[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Bid As Proof That the Microsoft Stack is Pants?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Bid As Proof That the Microsoft Stack is Pants?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:29:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MiYahoo's future rests with open source and courage

,----[ Quote ]
| In so doing, Microsoft would send a clear message to many of its largest
| customers. "A Microsoft-based web infrastructure is probably not the most
| economical or exciting path for you to take."
|
| The superstars of today's internet already know this. They're running on
| software such as Apache, Linux and MySQL instead of Microsoft's family of
| Server software. Many more traditional large businesses, however, remain
| Microsoft shops and might begin to wonder if that's a good long-term bet when
| even Redmond has turned to the dark side.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/03/miyahoo_opensource/

Quote for the day:

"Number two is move Netscape out of the win32 client area."

                                --Paul Maritz, senior vice president Microsoft

Related and recent:

CRM company dumps Microsoft, remakes itself with LAMP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/124920