Re: [News] SCO Becomes Small Business, Outlook Very Grim

> [SCO Cutting Down]
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I heard through numerous sources yesterday that SCO has laid off more
>| employees ... continuing to downsize. I heard that 30-40 people were let
>| go ... the company has shrunk to 50-70 people total now.
>|
>| It seems that New Jersey ... the original birthplace of UNIX ... is on the
>| verge of shutting down and going away.
> `----
>
> http://siliconinvestor.advfn.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=24273591
>
> One Mafia down. Another one to go...

SCO was small-time.  However, the media publicity around it and the
support of this bunch of pikers by Microsoft and Sun made it pretty
obvious what kind of forces were arrayed against GNU/Linux and Free
Software in general.

"Moshe" and DFS love to claim that OSS is junk.  However, the
well-publicized actions of these entities belies their claims.

> http://media.slated.org/albums/userpics/reservoir-dos.png

Put the lime in da coconut and drink 'em both togethah...

This one is funny:

   http://media.slated.org/displayimage-toprated-0-1.html

--
Tardiness often robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli