[News] GNU/Linux Already Embraces Firefox 3.0 Out of the Box

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Already Embraces Firefox 3.0 Out of the Box
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:59:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Alphas Offer a Sneak Peak at 'Hardy Heron'

,----[ Quote ]
| Hardy Heron will also ship with Firefox 3 as the default web browser; at the
| moment the alphas use Firefox 3 beta 2.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/ubuntu-alphas-o.html

Firefox 3 getting integrated add-ons directory

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the integrated add-on directory, Firefox 3 beta 3 could be
| getting a new coat of paint. The new version comes with updated navigation
| buttons up top, and a classy new star button in the address bar that lets you
| quickly file away a site you like, as you would a bookmark.
`----

http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9862110-2.html

Related:

Microsoft's browser market share drops 9.5 percent in a year

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Explorer's share of the browser market has fallen almost 10 percent
| in the past 12 months, to 63.9 percent, mostly at the expense of Firefox
| which has boosted its share from 11.8 to 17.4 percent.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14373/1054/

IE6: The zombie browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Graham's much-dissected essay Microsoft is Dead offers some witty and
| perceptive analysis, but it sidesteps the fact that Microsoft's rotten corpse
| will take decades to decompose.
`----

http://blogs.pathf.com/agileajax/2007/09/ie6-the-zombie-.html

IE7 Bites the Dust! Firefox 2.0 Did It!

,----[ Quote ]
| In the same three months, Internet Explorer 7 only managed to move up from
| 32.02% to 33.15% and to 33.55%, meaning that in the past two months IE7 only
| jumped 1.53%.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-Bites-the-Dust-Firefox-2-0-Did-It-64490.shtml

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Personas from Mozilla Labs give Firefox a sleek coat

,----[ Quote ]
| I probably won't use Personas much myself since I greatly prefer the
| unadulterated GTK look in Firefox 3, but the addon is very intriguing from a
| technical standpoint. The way that Personas takes Firefox's Internet
| capabilities and leverages theme to bring dynamic content to the Firefox
| chrome layer is very creative and it reflects a lot of possibilities that I
| had never previously considered.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/16/personas-from-mozilla-labs-gives-firefox-a-sleek-coat

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme