[News] New FOSS Deployments, Distribution Channels, Honours (Batch)

  • Subject: [News] New FOSS Deployments, Distribution Channels, Honours (Batch)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:47:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SoTel Systems Becomes Reseller of Sangoma's Open Source Telephony Products

,----[ Quote ]
| SoTel Systems, one of America's leading suppliers of new and refurbished
| telecommunications equipment, is now a reseller of Sangoma’s proprietary and
| open source based data and telephony transport solutions.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/21065-sotel-systems-becomes-reseller-sangomas-open-source-telephony.htm

Medsphere and Century City Doctors Hospital Implement Enterprise-wide Clinical
Application in Record Time

,----[ Quote ]
| The CCDH implementation is the latest endorsement of Medsphere’s commercial
| Open Source strategy. The OpenVista platform is based on the Open Source
| VistA EHR system developed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, used in
| all VA facilities, and credited with helping turn the VA into a national
| leader in quality patient care.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/medsphere-and-century-city-doctors-hospital-implement-enterprise-wide-clinical-application,284042.shtml

Intalio and IT Frontier Bring BPMS Community to Japan

,----[ Quote ]
| Now over 25,000 individual organizations are using Intalio|BPMS Community
| Edition, and more than 300 companies are subscribing to Intalio's training
| and support services.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/intalio-and-it-frontier-bring-bpms-community-to-japan,283902.shtml

Open Source Tester PushToTest Names TIBCO as Most Productive Platform for
Implementing SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced that a study conducted by
| PushToTest, the open-source test automation company, identified TIBCO
| ActiveMatrix™ as the most productive platform for implementing a
| service-oriented architecture (SOA).
`----

http://www.ebizq.net/news/8984.html

Recent:

Fonality and Dell hook up to bring VoIP to the masses

,----[ Quote ]
| In huge news for the VoIP world (and the open-source Asterisk project
| underlying Fonality), Fonality has entered into a partnership with Dell to
| take easy-to-use, affordable VoIP phone systems to the SMB (small-to-medium
| sized business) under a brand name Dell is calling the “Fonality VoIP Phone
| System.” Dell will be selling it through its global SMB sales organization,
| as well as its channel.
`----

http://www.briancarpio.com/2008/01/22/fonality-and-dell-hook-up-to-bring-voip-to-the-masses/

Related:

Linux-Based VoIP Partnership Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Chipmaker Broadcom and software developer Trolltech this week formed a
| partnership to create a multimedia voice over IP development platform based
| on Linux.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=205601431

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]