Re: Roy Schestowitz Complains about Search Engine Poisoning.

ml2mst wrote:
v cube wrote:
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Microsoft_Launches_Get_the_Facts_Smear_Cam...

Schestowitz whining about the very thing he is doing every
single day!! Also notice the referral back to one of his
own hate Blogs. This boy is some piece of work.....

Hmmmm ..... I could not find that link, being it is truncated, so I did a search:

http://digg.com/search?s=microsoft+facts+campaign&submit=Search&section=all&type=both&area=promoted&sort=score

Top item in search states,

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9773662-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

[quote]
Microsoft starts a "Get the Facts" campaign...against itself

blogs.cnet.com — Imagine the kind of savings you could get if you just stopped using Windows altogether! Few to no security issues. Less administration. Etc.More.... (Linux/Unix)

183 Comments

schestowitz made popular 164 days ago
[/quote]

So Roy made this topic popular by pointing it out 5 months ago. The FUD and ad hominen attacks continue by the flatfish, does it not? I found this quote to be of particular interest from the article:

[quote]
By the way, the study claims that switching to Vista saves on hardware costs. How could this possibly be, when everything I have ever read on Vista is that it is a resource hog? You spend more on hardware with Vista, not less.

Anyway, Microsoft must really be hurting if it has to resort to beating up on its most stable product in years. It's clearly desperate to get people to move off XP (you know, the Windows OS that actually has hardware/peripheral support, a lot of software written for it, needs a lighter hardware platform, etc.). Maybe the open-source crowd should just wait for Microsoft to beat itself into oblivion.
[/quote]

It seems that Vista is not doing well, seeing that Microsoft has to FUD its flagship product, Windows XP.

-- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the
globe. Please visit The Hall of Linux
Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

i support this.

Nice proxy from India and it is nice to see sock puppets replying to each other, how cute.

Congrats! you've just met the Übertroll ;-)

Oh, you mean

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html

AKA

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

However, not to be undone by

"Kutloze Scheefgepoepte" <Doofus@xxxxxxxxxx> AKA

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/09/clogwog-troll.html

Be aware, some of our trolls are really nasty. Please read the
faq and primer (especially section 7, to find out, what you
are getting yourself possibly into).

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

This is a list of the disinformation tactics that the that the anti-Linux propagandists who post in COLA have been using. All of these tactics have been used in COLA by the anti-Linux propagandists against the Linux advocates and the rest of the COLA readership to further the cause of the anti-Linux propagandists. This list has been worded as though you are one of them, so that you can better see through their eyes how they think.
[/quote]

Most apt in this case are:

[selective quotes]
17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence to support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and have your anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the same for any invalid claims that you have notice your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.

19. Present multiple personalities. Change your position with every few article you post to comp.os.linux.advocacy. Appear to be supporting all sides of the issues. You can make a statements or opinion in one posting then follow it up with a another post with a contrary opinion. You can even get into an argument with yourself. This could cause readers to dismiss the subject of the thread.

34. Use of false identities. Create throw away identities to enter the newsgroup to spread discord and after a few days or weeks, stop using that identity. If you are losing an argument create a new identity to support the position of your main identity. If things are getting slow, create a few identities counter to your primary identity. Start a n-on-1 argument with your primary identity being outnumbered. Then have each of your new identities be convinced by your primary identity to the error of their ways.
[/quote]

Think of COLA as a house where we come together to discuss
Linux, but be aware, this house is haunted by evil spirits and
they are already trying to pull you over to the dark side.

Here is a list where the most evil spirits are listed, so you
will be able to recognize them.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

Have fun and don't let them fool you! Cheers

--
HPT