Re: [News] Lightweight Xfce Customised to Look Like Mac OS X Leopard

____/ Clyde Wrinkle on Monday 18 February 2008 15:42 : \____

http://xubuntublog.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/design-your-own-desktop-with-xfce-44-part-2/

> Sounds like the same people who take a Yugo and customize it to look like a
> BMW. It's no surprise that a retard like you would think that as long as it
> "looks" the same then it must be the same.

Xfce will in this case have a Linux kernel. Are you saying that OS X's kernel
is better?

Xubuntu is not very resource hungry. Can the same be said about Leopard?

Xubuntu comes with plenty of software and a repository that contains _tens of
thousands_ of programs, just a few clicks away from reach. Does OS X have this
too?

Xubuntu hasn't a marketing department, unlike Apple. Does that make it
inferior? Or is it truly a matter of perception?

Hardware-wise, GNU/Linux can run on all that stylish Mac/Apple hardware.

> Here's a couple pics of that "BMW" this person drives.
>
>    http://www.jimmy540i.com/moron93.jpg
>    http://www.jimmy540i.com/nightmare36.jpg
>
> After all, the only difference between a Ford Taurus and a BMW are
> cosmetics. Just like the only difference between a Mac and some xfce fake
> are the icons.

So tell me, other than all those proprietary, lockin-zealot programs (pardon
bad words like "proprietary") that comes with Mac OS 10, what is it that makes
it so special? The "Mac experience" is a case of selling aura.

I've used OS 10, but all in all, the applications in use are the same. The
hardware used can also be the same. The style factor is the only real
distinguishing factor that I can see and MacBook Air is a solid proof of this.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
 20:05:01 up 25 days,  5:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.72, 0.50