[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Its Employees, Managers to Review Microsoft Products

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Its Employees, Managers to Review Microsoft Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:57:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Lots of Microsoft ugly stuff herein. They are running low in terms of cash
(liquid).]

Received this one yesterday:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html

By: James Yu and Sarju Shah - Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been more than six months since we published our first Xbox 360 versus
| PlayStation 3 graphics comparison feature. Games on both systems looked
| great, but the Xbox 360 games had more polish. We found that the Xbox 360
| edged out the PlayStation 3 with higher-resolution textures and better
| lighting. The result of the first comparison wasn't surprising--the Xbox 360
| had been available for a year and developers were already cranking out
| second-generation games, while the PlayStation 3 had just arrived in retail
| with its first-generation games. We decided to check on a few games released
| in recent months to see if the PlayStation 3 has caught up to or overtaken
| the Xbox 360...
`----

http://center.spoke.com/info/p86uUAU/JamesYu

James Yu??? Who is Yu?

James Yu
Program Manager
Microsoft Corporation
1 Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-8300
http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx

Related:

If you're shopping, remember the Xbox 360

,----[ Quote ]
| By Ken Smith
| MSNBC contributor
| Updated: 1:21 p.m. ET Nov. 17, 2006
|
| SEATTLE - While you're out looking at video game consoles this
| holiday season, don't forget to check out Microsoft's
| Xbox 360.
|
| (MSNBC is a joint Microsoft - NBC Universal venture.)
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15757514/

Corporate Propaganda Still On the News: Study Finds Local Stations
Overwhelmingly Fail to Disclose VNRs

,----[ Quote ]
| A new study by the Center for Media and Democracy says Americans are
| still being shown corporate public relations videos disguised as news
| reports on newscasts across the country.

Should MSNBC really be "reviewing" (Microsoft's) Gears of War?

,----[ Quote ]
| MSNBC recently reviewed Gears of War, calling it the Xbox 360's first
| killer app.... Nowhere on the page is any indication of the possible
| ethical issue MSNBC is "Microsoft-NBC", and the site is hosted as a
| subdomain of msn.com (a major Microsoft portal). Is this really balanced
| journalism?
`----

http://www.thisisby.us/index.php/content/should_msnbc_really_be__quot_reviewing_quot__gears_of_war_

Wrong Yesterday Wrong Today Wrong Tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://fixyourthinking.com/2006/11/wrong-yesterday-wrong-today-wrong.html