Re: [News] As Microsoft Snubs Windows XP Petition, Some Look at GNU/Linux

____/ RonB on Sunday 17 February 2008 20:52 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Time to dump Windows?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Don't be afraid. Just switch to Linux and become a member of a really
>> | free society," wrote Carlos Raul Gutierrez.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/17/08NF-vista-alternatives_1.html
>
> From the article:
>
> "Windows Vista was the reason I bought a Mac mini. I didn't want my only
> choices to be an operating system that would soon be obsolete (XP) or one
> that was buggy and would break much existing hardware (Vista), and I'm not
> enough of a geek to use Linux (do things from the command line?
> Puhleeze...)," wrote "Jack."
>
> Yeah, Linux users don't have KDE or Gnome or Xfce -- we're all just geeks
> who do everything from the command line. Hell, we don't even know what a
> mouse is.
>
> Talk about your straw men.

Yes, I spotted that and I know the source of /that/ FUD. "It's only for
servers" is another meme.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done