Re: [News] It's Now (Almost) Confirmed: Microsoft Loses, Blu-Ray Wins

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9873848-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

> HD-DVD lost because of perception.

Yep... the perception that hd-dvd was the lesser hardware...

> It wasn't consumers either, it was the salespeople.  The second they heard
> about Warner dropping HD-DVD, they started telling their customers not to
> buy HD-DVD players because it was dead, effectively creating a
> self-fulfilling prophesy.

They did the right thing in protecting their customers from a DEAD END
format. God bless them.

> HD-DVD players were cheaper than Blue-ray, had more features, cost less to
> produce (both disks and players) and had equal quality to Blu-Ray.  By all
> measures, it should have won the war, but it just goes to show how
> perception can cause snowballing.

HD-DVD had (past tense because it is dead) half the storage capacity... and
no one supported it beyond the msft circle jerk...

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)