[News] Firefox Gets More Linuxy, 'Coolest' Linux Wallpapers Assembled

  • Subject: [News] Firefox Gets More Linuxy, 'Coolest' Linux Wallpapers Assembled
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:01:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Inside Firefox 3's Latest Beta Update, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Integration with Linux has also been kicked up a notch so that default icons,
| buttons and menu styles in Firefox now use the native GTK (The Gimp Toolkit)
| theme.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/it-management/61710.html?welcome=1203204489

25 Coolest Linux Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve noticed that Linux newbies take so much pride with their newly installed
| distro that they will most likely spend a lot of time searching the web for
| Linux-themed desktop wallpapers. So, I decided to provide here or share some
| of the best (in my own opinion) Linux wallpapers that I have collected
| before.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/02/25-coolest-linux-wallpapers.html

Related:

Downloading wallpapers the easy way in KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Once you installed the wallpapers you wanted,  you can set one of
| them as the background through the Picture option or you can set
| up a slide show with the Slide Show option in the desktop
| system settings (picture 1).
`----

http://www.blog.arun-prabha.com/2007/02/16/downloading-wallpapers-the-easy-way-in-kde/
http://tinyurl.com/yqmlq8

Beryl Bemusments

,----[ Quote ]
| As far as we know BDM is the first desktop manager to natively
| support ARGB transparency. This means you can load a transparent
| PNG or SVG and get something like...
`----

http://dev.beryl-project.org/~racarr/uncategorized/15/beryl-desktop-manager-2/

Screensaver as a Desktop Wallpaper

http://geekhacks.com/2007/09/13/screensaver-as-a-desktop-wallpaper/

[KDE:] Ladies and Gentlemans, we have a default wallpaper!

,----[ Quote ]
| After a week of pondering and discussing we’ve finally chosen which will be
| the default wallpaper!
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=25

Unveiling the winners of the Oxygen contest for wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=23