New Ubuntu User

  • Subject: New Ubuntu User
  • From: v cube <v.v.vinaybabu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:40:58 -0800 (PST)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hi,I'm 20 years old. My id is v.v.vinaybabu@xxxxxxxxxx i'm a final
year Enginnering student.

I've got fed up with windows XP( Ofcourse, Vista SUCKS!!). Three-and-a-
half years of using
 microsoft products has left me highly irritated. They've so many
bugs, are resource hogging, and is CLOSE-sourced. After hearing about
Linux,  I've researched a lot on the internet about stuff, like which
distro to choose, kde vs GNOME, I also watched lovely LINUX MOVIES
like http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3516869/RevolutionOS_(Linux_story).avi
and http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3955602/The_code_linux

I tried Mandriva( VGA problem), Fedora( couldn't get gui),
ubuntu( downloaded twice, but was unable to install on my Pentium 4.)

Fed up, I would have resigned to my fate and continued to use the
"useless" XP, but a comment on one forum change my thoughts. He said
"I'm unhappy with the problems which keep cropping every now and then,
and the time required to understand and solve it. But, EVERY TIME I
ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM WITH MY OS(UBUNTU), IT ONLY MAKES ME WORKS HARDER
TO TRY TO SOLVE IT." This is the quote which made me  to rework my
efforts for Ubuntu OS.

I finally used the ShipIt feature to get CDs delivered to me. I
requested in the end of December, 2007. I received them on 15th Feb,
2008. I went so MAD WITH EXCITEMENT. Since I requested 7 CDs, i called
my friends and asked them to try out Ubuntu and sold the facts about
it. Yesterday I handed over CDs to 3 of them and asked them to use it
and then PASS IT ON!!

Today is a Sunday. On Sundays, I usally get up at around 11.00 am.
Today I got up at 6 am and out of the bed at 8 am. Do you WHY??? Bcoz
I wanted to install Ubuntu. I installed it and am enjoying it. The
screensavers are SUPERB, GNOME rocks, support is awesome and thx to
Canonical for sending me free CDs. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!! Today is a GREAT
DAY FOR ME, Because today I've got freedom, yes the real "freedom".
Thx to Ubuntu.

http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/browse_thread/thread/cb71b73543bfe7af/dc2746a971d5c4a2?hl=en&lnk=st&q=ubuntu#dc2746a971d5c4a2