Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of February, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of February, 2008.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:33:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.27

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1309 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     371 1471642     3%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           122  343750    83%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   94   89112    61%
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      66   81679    66%
   5. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 64 1660428     4%
   6. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               62   89643    73%
   7. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     56   24317    46%
   8. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            41   68720    21%
   9. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        34   54677    66%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            34   35707    74%
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    33   19831    69%
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   20   67846    12%
  13. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>           18   25844    75%
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         18    6740    16%
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              18   24453    56%
  16. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@YOUKNOWTHEDRILLcomcast   16   20674    76%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           16   16764    56%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>               16   13840    76%
  19. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       15   13788    75%
  20. thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  13    9154    33%
  21. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     12   10955    62%
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   12    6884    58%
  23. jim <jim@xxxxxxxx>                                 9   20704    74%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      9   17927    74%
  25. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    8    7916    67%
  26. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  7    8756    85%
      Thomas Armagost <silly@xxxxxxxx>                   7    9979    29%
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                7    7105    54%
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                               7    9428    64%
  30. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               6    6234    57%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Why should a user care about Linux?                     102  310354
   2. Here I am...                                             68   68814
   3. Tell me you can do *this* in Windows                     62   51560
   4. Linux on the desktop                                     53   54612
   5. [News] Survey: Microsoft Office Monopoly Eroding,        39   67570
   6. News story: Raylopez lies about Motorola dropping        30   38280
   7. [News] [Rival] Yahoo Bid Caused Microsoft Trouble        29   33844
   8. 64bit implementation of time.h on linux                  27   31086
   9. When trolls venture out to other groups                  25   48908
  10. From the salesmans POV                                   22   21067
  11. FBI sought approval to use spyware against terror        21   21216
  12. The newcomer to Linux                                    19   18474
      [News] Red Hat CEO Challenges Microsoft to Actuall       19   33268
  14. Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Wi       18   20896
  15. New Printer Question                                     15   12082
      Microsoft ass-dragging                                   15   10871
  17. OT: What would you think?                                14   30290
  18. Vista:  a paradox-- if Microsoft is really serious       13   12633
  19. Politics, freedom and Linux                              12   11389
      UBUNTU LINUX                                             12   24009
      [News] Compiz-Fusion Gets Brilliant Features Inclu       12   24199
      Nokia n770 arrived                                       12    9109
  23. [News] [Rival] Nokia Turns Microsoft Down                11   12200
      [News] Stephen Fry Advocates GNU/Linux, Linux 'Des       11    9333
      Nokia n770                                               11    8125
  26. MSFT floundering...                                       9    8592
      BSA sinks teeth into US dentist ..                        9    9302
  28. Future of desktop Linux                                   8   17777
  29. Is it a dead end?                                         7    1521
      LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs        7 1558320
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     64
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  37
   3. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     36
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                31
   5. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           30
   6. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    23
   7. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              22
   8. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          18
   9. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
  10. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             14
  11. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       13
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           11
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              11
  15. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            9
  16. jim <jim@xxxxxxxx>                                                7
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         7
  18. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                              6
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   6
  20. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 5
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              5
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                              5
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  5
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                        5
      Aditi <drool.galz@xxxxxxxxx>                                      5
  26. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       4
      Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     4
  29. Thomas Armagost <silly@xxxxxxxx>                                  3
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      3
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    150
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                82
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           82
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  74
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          72
   6. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           71
   7. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    70
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        70
   9. Thomas Armagost <silly@xxxxxxxx>                                 68
      thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 68
  11. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              66
  12. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     65
  13. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             64
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
  15. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              62
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       62
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  62
  18. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             61
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           61
      Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    61
  22. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                             59
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      59
  24. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    58
  25. jim <jim@xxxxxxxx>                                               57
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              57
  27. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             56
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          56
  29. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         51
  30. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                50
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           591
   2. slrn                                                            283
   3. Thunderbird                                                     140
   4. Pan                                                             133
   5. Forte Agent                                                      49
   6. G2/1.0                                                           41
   7. tin                                                              36
   8. Microsoft Outlook Express                                        15
   9. Mozilla                                                           8
  10. Xnews                                                             4
  11. ProNews/2                                                         1
      Gnus                                                              1
      40tude_Dialog                                                     1
      knews                                                             1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 10:33:04 up 57 days,  8:08,  5 users,  load average: 1.73, 1.27, 1.09