[News] Video Interview with Red Hat's New CEO (Ogg)

  • Subject: [News] Video Interview with Red Hat's New CEO (Ogg)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:06:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Weekly Wire special: Linux.com quizzes new Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim Whitehurst and I met at JBoss World in Orlando, Florida, on the morning
| of February 13, 2008, pulled up a couple of chairs, turned on the camcorder,
| and talked. This video is totally uncut. Our idea here is to give you a sense
| of the man in a way no text interview can.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/127259

Good interview. Unlike those crazy ones with Ballmer scratching the back on his
neck every 10 seconds and then flapping his arms...

Links to Linux.conf.au videos:

Video from openQRM talk at Linux.conf.au 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone who missed LCA2008 can access audio, video and slides of all the talks
| here
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/25093

Recent:

New Red Hat boss defines company's future

,----[ Quote ]
| "He's an operator," says Raven Zachary, an analyst with the 451 Group. "It's
| tough to run an airline. Even though there have been lots of critiques of the
| airlines, the reality is that he understands complex issues related to
| operations."
|
| That knowledge is what Red Hat appears to need as it looks to evolve past its
| Linux operating system roots. The company is attempting to mix the Linux
| operating system, virtualization, middleware, independent software vendor
| (ISV) applications and software delivered as services into an enterprise data
| centre platform.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1290022236&rid=-50

Q&A: New Red Hat boss targets virtualization, execution as keys to future

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/020708-ceo-jim-whitehurst-pilots-red.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news