[News] Groklaw Finds Links Between SCO's New Poppa and Bill Gates

  • Subject: [News] Groklaw Finds Links Between SCO's New Poppa and Bill Gates
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:24:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
And so it continues…

,----[ Quote ]
| Not surprisingly people are already trying to work out where the money leads
| to. Groklaw reckons its found a link to Bill Gates via Prince Al-Waleed bin
| Talal Al Saud. Dana Blankenhorn isn’t convinced.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/02/15/and-so-it-continues/

Related:

SCO goes private, gets $100M to keep going, McBride out?

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the same release, Stephen Norris, managing partner for SNCP,
| claims that SNCP has a business plan for SCO "that will enable the company to
| see SCO's legal claims through to their full conclusion."

Did Microsoft ruin SCO?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/did-microsoft-ruin-sco-19663

,----[ Quote ]
| "We've moved past the ideology," said Sutor, in Salt Lake City
| Thursday to attend graduation ceremonies at Neumont University."
| Many people have figured out that there are a number of ways tom
| ake money from the 'open source' model."
|
| [...]
|
| The litigation has been characterized as part of a proxy war being
|                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| waged by Microsoft against Linux, seen as a prime challenger to
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Windows. Microsoft has been a prime funding source for SCO, but
| earlier this month stunned open-sourcers by announcing a development
| pact for Novell's Suse-brand of Linux.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4679245?source=rss

Another Indirect Link is Found Between Microsoft and Acacia (Patent Troll That
Attacks Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/21/baystar-acacia/