[News] Microsoft Admits Windows Sucks? Yahoo Employees Don't Want "Evil" Microsoft.

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Admits Windows Sucks? Yahoo Employees Don't Want "Evil" Microsoft.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:50:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Microsoft/Yahoo about Windows' failure as a top server platform?

,----[ Quote ]
| Before my whiney enemies all get up in arms about yours truly once more
| beating up on Microsoft, I'd like to point out that the idea of Microsoft
| buying Yahoo being a tacit admission that Windows can't cut the mustard as a
| top Internet server platform didn't originate with me.
|
| No, the credit, or blame if you prefer, goes to Marcelo Carvalho, an IT
| manager in San Francisco and Damien Hocking, a Linux-Watch reader who brought
| Carvalho's thoughts to my attention.

Yahoos won’t work for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| I work for Yahoo!, and I have had to explain to a few people recently why the
| Microsoft buyout talks are so troubling for Yahoos. They don’t seem to
| understand the severity of the impact that a Microsoft takeover will have.
|
| [...]
|
| Key reason #1 - Microsoft is anti open-source...
|
| [...]
|
| Key reason #2 - Microsoft is evil...
`----

http://www.techyouruniverse.com/technology/yahoos-wont-work-for-microsoft

Related:

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
| We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
| more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
| thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks

Microsoft to take case to Yahoo shareholders: report

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-take-case-yahoo-shareholders/story.aspx?guid=%7B7F963245%2D5B26%2D4A77%2D8D18%2D4D2122A9D4AE%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3dpl6n

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is threatening to launch a boardroom coup at Yahoo! within six
|              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| weeks if the internet search engine fails to accept its $45 billion (£23
| billion) hostile takeover proposal or start serious merger talks, The Times
| has learned.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3300964.ece?EMC-Bltn=LOXCF1

Options Before Microsoft: Upping Bid; Tender Offer; Hostile Takeover; Pressure
Tactics

,----[ Quote ]
| Hostile board overthrow: This would be the most contentious, and Microsoft
| has indicated its willingness to go through with this if need be: it could
| seek to oust Yahoo's board at its next election; it would have until March 13
| to nominate a new slate of directors. Yahoo has taken "poison pill"
| provisions, and Microsoft have to oust the board to get past these
| provisions.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080209/1_319741_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft rejects Yahoo! rejection

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Ballmer still wants to swallow Jerry Yang's company.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/11/microsoft_still_wants_yahoo/

Why Microsoft Should Fret

,----[ Quote ]
| But what if at stake in the battle isn't just Microsoft's position in selling
| ads, but the very survival of its core software business? Microsoft would
| never admit that so much is on the line.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120277476716860601.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Microsoft to partners: It's time to change

,----[ Quote ]
| Aiming to rally its partners around the reality of hosted software, Microsoft
| Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner told them it was a matter of financial
| life and death.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195764.html

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/will_windows_vi.html