[News] Did Microsoft Pull Another BayStar?

  • Subject: [News] Did Microsoft Pull Another BayStar?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:31:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SCO Plans Rebound Thanks to $100M Lifeline

,----[ Quote ]
| Embattled Unix vendor SCO may get a new lease on life, thanks to a $100
| million infusion aimed at helping it emerge from bankruptcy and pursue its
| controversial legal claims.
|
| The financing comes from Stephen Norris Capital Partners (SNCP), which will
| take a controlling interest in SCO as part of the deal.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3728201/SCO+Plans+Rebound+Thanks+to+100M+Lifeline.htm

SCO goes private, gets $100M to keep going, McBride out?

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the same release, Stephen Norris, managing partner for SNCP,
| claims that SNCP has a business plan for SCO "that will enable the company to
| see SCO's legal claims through to their full conclusion."

Timing is perfect. Microsort's cash reserves are running low, so it needs
another good shill, just like BayStar and Novell.

Ballmer's mafia was caught before (Goldfarb declaration) and given the state of
SCO (it would cost just $1.5 million to buy the company), this has Microsoft
fingerprints on it.

Related:

Did Microsoft ruin SCO?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/did-microsoft-ruin-sco-19663

,----[ Quote ]
| "We've moved past the ideology," said Sutor, in Salt Lake City
| Thursday to attend graduation ceremonies at Neumont University."
| Many people have figured out that there are a number of ways tom
| ake money from the 'open source' model."
|
| [...]
|
| The litigation has been characterized as part of a proxy war being
|                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| waged by Microsoft against Linux, seen as a prime challenger to
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Windows. Microsoft has been a prime funding source for SCO, but
| earlier this month stunned open-sourcers by announcing a development
| pact for Novell's Suse-brand of Linux.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4679245?source=rss

Another Indirect Link is Found Between Microsoft and Acacia (Patent Troll That
Attacks Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/21/baystar-acacia/