[News] Android Competes with LiMo, Funambol (Google Partner) Wins Award

  • Subject: [News] Android Competes with LiMo, Funambol (Google Partner) Wins Award
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:06:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Android and LiMo in Open Source Race

| The race is on: A consortium of 32 companies has joined a classic battle for
| primacy with their demonstration of mobile phones to compete with devices
| that will run Google Inc.'s fledgling Android operating system.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080213/mobile_conference_android_vs_limo.html?.v=4

Funambol Ad-funded Open Source Push Email Solution Honored at 3GSM Mobile World
Congress

,----[ Quote ]
| Funambol was chosen by an expert jury representing a global
| cross-section of leading mobile operators, search engines, online portals
| and wireless startups. Funambol presented its ad-funded mobile email
| solution and discussed its recent market traction of being deployed
| commercially at customers with a combined subscriber count of over 300
| million users.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-13-2008/0004755020&EDATE=

Related:

Funambol CEO Fabrizio Capobianco: Linux Is Mobile's Future

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxInsider met with Capobianco to discuss his view on the role of open
| source in creating Mobile 2.0 as a voice and data carrier parallel to the
| Internet. The meeting occurred in the wake of Google's announcement earlier
| this month that it was negotiating with wireless carriers, handset makers,
| software developers and hardware providers to use an open source mobile
| platform, Android.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/60340.html

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]