[News] Video: Linux Creator Doesn't Like DRM (Whereas Microsoft Loves It)

  • Subject: [News] Video: Linux Creator Doesn't Like DRM (Whereas Microsoft Loves It)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:02:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Torvalds pleased that DRM music is dying

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Torvalds-pleased-that-DRM-music-is-dying/0,130061733,339285934,00.htm?feed=rss

>From another recent conference/expo:

Ars at SCALE: the GNOME desktop environment

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME developers are working to increase integration between the desktop
| and popular web services. The GNOME Online Desktop project—which encompasses
| this effort and other related technologies—is an important part of GNOME's
| strategy for the future. "The idea is getting more and more apps integrated
| into some kind of Internet service," VanDine said during his
| presentation. "There is a lot of potential there and [the developers] are
| working hard to make it a reality."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/02/13/ars-at-scale-the-gnome-desktop-environment

Related: