[News] Good Review for Linux-powered Eee in canada.com

  • Subject: [News] Good Review for Linux-powered Eee in canada.com
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:22:59 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The little laptop that could -- do just about anything the big boys can

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people are, apparently. The Taiwan company reportedly exceeded
| expectations in the past quarter, shipping 350,000 Eees out the door.
|
| When more people get them, they'll lose that cool factor. I don't care a whit
| about that. Just don't take away my Eee.
`----

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/business/story.html?id=a329f567-c3e4-4318-a0ef-c39b58d7e513

Related:

2007's most important IT lesson is spelled with an Eee

,----[ Qote ]
| The Eee shows too just how out of date the 'is Linux ready for the desktop?'
|                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| argument is. Yes it is. Anyone can pick up an Eee with its standard Linux
| distro - or with a number of freely available alternatives - and just use it.
| That alone revitalises the 'is this paid-for operating system value for
| money?' question.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10006830o-2000331777b,00.htm?new_comment

Linux Assimilation