[News] [Rival] Ugly Truth About Windows Vista from Microsoft's Own Mouth

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Ugly Truth About Windows Vista from Microsoft's Own Mouth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:18:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"Vista Capable" scheme was panned at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Mike Nash, currently a corporate vice president for Windows product
| management, wrote in an e-mail, "I PERSONALLY got burnt. ... Are we seeing
| this from a lot of customers? ... I now have a $2,100 e-mail machine." Jim
| Allchin, then the co-president of Microsoft's Platforms and Services
| Division, wrote in another e-mail, "We really botched this. ... You guys have
| to do a better job with our customers."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080211-vista-capable-scheme-was-panned-at-microsoft.html

Related:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
|                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
| We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
| more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
| thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks

Excerpts: Latest filings in 'Vista Capable' lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| The lawsuit over Microsoft's "Windows Vista Capable" marketing program has
| reached a key juncture. Lawyers for the plaintiffs have formally requested
| class-action status for the case, seeking to open it up to many more people,
| and Microsoft last week filed its official opposition to that request. The
| filings contain some interesting tidbits on both sides.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/126606.asp?source=rss

Judge Says 'Windows Vista Capable' Lawsuit Can Proceed

,----[ Quote ]
| A federal judge has ruled that two consumers can proceed with a lawsuit that
| claims Microsoft's "Windows Vista Capable" campaign was misleading.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201305528&subSection=All+Stories

Linux is about to take over the low end of PCs

,----[ Quote ]