[News] Compiz-Fusion Gets Brilliant Features Including KDE 4 and Wiimote Integration

  • Subject: [News] Compiz-Fusion Gets Brilliant Features Including KDE 4 and Wiimote Integration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:41:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Compiz-Fusion Community News for February 9, 2008: KDE 4 is in.

,----[ Quote ]
| The changes have taken place due to our community and our very own onestone
| who has added a slew of KDE 4 composite features to Compiz. Some highlights
| this week are:
|
|     * KDE 4 Window decorator plasma integration
|     * Show Mouse, and Area-Based maginification through the mag plugin
|     * Wiimote integration
|     * True blending of wallpapers and cubecaps
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/02/11/compiz-fusion-community-news-for-february-9-2008-kde-4-is-in/

Ubuntu Linux Demonstration

,----[ Quote ]
| In case you are interested, some of the main apps that we use are Blender 3D,
| Flash 8, Firefox@Youtube, Totem, Rhythm box, Inkscape, PiTiVi, OpenOffice,
| Nautilus, The GIMP, and more!
`----

http://netnewser.ne.funpic.org/?p=46

Related and recent:

Compiz 0.7.0 Adds Multi-Display Support

,----[ Quote ]
| For the Compiz user, there is now multi-display support, various fixes in
| stacking and handling, configurable middle and right click buttons through
| gtk-window-decorator, and a KDE 4 port of the kde-window-decorator.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjMyNA

Related:

Five Compiz features to boost Linux productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| The cube is perhaps the most hyped feature of the 3D desktop. And,
| surprisingly, I found that once you actually start using it Cube is actually
| quite useful, and not just flashy. When cube is enabled you can use the
| Ctrl-Alt key combination together with mouse to rotate the cube and display
| all the desktops you have active. It is remarkably easy to use and actually
| makes it easier to switch through desktops rapidly.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2006

Shelf Plugin preview

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been working on a new Compiz Fusion plugin currently known as Shelf (it
| was named miniwin2 for a brief period, more on this further down). This is a
| fairly straight forward idea, and I’m doing this as a bounty for Canonical.
`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~kristian/2007/12/12/shelf-plugin-preview/

How Beryl/XGL and Deskbar simplified my life

,----[ Quote ]
| I removed the standard Gnome Window List in favor of
| Beryl's Scale plugin. Beryl's Scale functionality
| resembles OSX's Expose functionality. Because the Scale
| plugin displays all the windows currently open and
| unminimized at a keypress, I can quickly find the
| window I want visually and select it either with
| the mouse or with the arrow keys.
`----

http://eric.themoritzfamily.com/2006/10/25/how-berylxgl-and-deskbar-simplified-my-life/
http://tinyurl.com/u2g3d