[News] [Rival] Yahoo Bid Caused Microsoft Trouble

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Bid Caused Microsoft Trouble
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:35:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's $80 Billion (and Growing) Yahoo Headache

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft has lost nearly $40 billion in market cap in the eight trading
| days since they made their offer.
|
| [...]
|
| Cue a sad song from the world’s smallest violin, please. And pass the
| popcorn.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63912-microsoft-s-80-billion-and-growing-yahoo-headache?source=yahoo

Microsoft's Colossal Strategic Mistake: "We Need to Be in Advertising"

,----[ Quote ]
| We believe the Microsoft Yahoo (MSFT / YHOO) acquisition will be a disaster.
| So far, in support of this conclusion, we have cited integration, execution,
| and operational challenges. Now it's time to look at the bigger picture. The
| Yahoo acquisition is also cursed because it is predicated on a colossal
| strategic mistake: Microsoft's misguided conviction that needs to be in the
| advertising business.
`----

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/2/microsoft__yahoo_will_be_our__google_apps_

Days ago:

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Related:

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead