[News] Open Source and Free Software Conferences; OSA (OSS Alliance) Turns One

  • Subject: [News] Open Source and Free Software Conferences; OSA (OSS Alliance) Turns One
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:03:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Asian open source summit moved to China

,----[ Quote ]
| The organizers of Open Source Software Summit (OSSummit) Asia are now looking
| to hold the conference in mainland China.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62038303,00.htm

"Tackling the Big Issues" at the FSF Annual Associate Member Meeting, Saturday,
March 15

,----[ Quote ]
| This year's meeting will also host the ceremony for the FSF's annual free
| software awards, where winners of the "Award for the Advancement of Free
| Software" and the "Award for Projects of Social Benefit" will be announced
| and recognized. Previous winners have included community luminaries like
| Andrew Tridgell, Theo de Raadt and Alan Cox and projects of social benefit
| such as the Sahana Disaster Management System and Wikipedia.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/news/member-meeting-2008

Open Solutions Alliance Marks End of First Year with New Members, New Momentum

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Solutions Alliance (OSA), marked its one-year anniversary with three
| new members, a global focus, and advances toward seamless interoperability
| between commercial open-source applications.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/506924_p.htm

Related:

Barry Klawans of the Open Solutions Alliance talks up interoperability

,----[ Quote ]
| We're advocates in general, and we encourage other companies to join us. We
| think right now that where the world is, it's a lot more important for
| nonmembers and members to collaborate than it is to try to kill each other.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9027920&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/2jspyf

Open Solutions Alliance Debuts New Showcase At LinuxWorld

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-open-solutions-alliance-debuts-new-showcase-linuxworld-/2007/06/14/2713077.htm