Re: [News] Steve Lake Says Microsoft is Terrified Because of FOSS, Web

____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:04 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The Shadow Tales of Microsoft
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If you don't believe me, take a look at what's happening out there.
>> | Linux is cutting into Microsoft's desktop dominance. It's also wiping
>> | away any hope of it gaining server dominance. Firefox is quickly
>> | replacing its browser as the preferred method for surfing the internet.
>> | Outlook is being slowly knocked off its pedestal by open source
>> | alternatives, and other competitors are attacking them from all sides in
>> | their other fields as well. Open Source is on a roll and Microsoft is
>> | getting run over on all sides, and while it may not seem like they're
>> | loosing the war, they are. Just because Open Source isn't in the
>> | mainstream news doesn't mean it's not winning. And if this isn't causing
>> | Microsoft and Steve Balmer to reach the point of being nearly panic
>> | stricken, then I'm a monkey's uncle. I honestly believe right now that
>> | they're terrified. Hence the battle for Yahoo is a battle for their very
>> | existence.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=382
>>
>> So will Microsoft now go into debt?
>>

> GOD I HOPE SO.... :')

They might /already/ be, but it's hard to tell (practises of handling loans and
all). It's not just me who says it. Various sites have begun picking these
bits (even Linux Journal cited me recently) and other sites like Groklaw are
beginning to find what the trolls here are so scared about (which is why they
resort to vicious attacks).

Microsoft thrives in illusions, hypnosis.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Mem:    515500k total,   444932k used,    70568k free,     1612k buffers