[News] Adobe and Google Provide Funding to Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Adobe and Google Provide Funding to Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:56:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Adobe funds SQLite database

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe Systems said Monday it's helping to sponsor the SQLite database
| project, software that figures prominently in at least two of the company's
| high-profile new projects.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9879010-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Sounds Like Summer

,----[ Quote ]
| We're very excited to be doing Google Summer of Code once more, and we're
| looking forward to helping the community find more new contributors and
| produce even more code for everyone's benefit.
`----

http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2008/02/sounds-like-summer.html

Related:

Google behind Photoshop's new Linux compatibility

,----[ Quote ]
| "About 200 patches were committed to winehq, and as of wine-0.9.54, Photoshop
| CS2 is quite usable," Kegel noted in a separate post.
`----

http://www.apcmag.com/8034/google_behind_photoshops_new_linux_compatibility

Adobe Photoshop: Online Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the risks of trying to find a niche to build a startup is that
| the big guys can land on your face at any time. That?s why all of
| these startups are going to be in serious trouble when Adobe releases
| a free, ad supported online version of Photoshop in six months.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/02/28/adobe-photoshop-online-edition/

Adobe's new CEO zeroes in on Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: Adobe is in an interesting place right now. The company is making a
| transition from boxed software to online, "cloud" computing. Can you talk
| about that?
|
| A: We want to marry the power of the desktop with the Web.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20071205/tc_usatoday/adobesnewceozeroesinonweb

Adobe sees full shift to Web in next decade

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21359751/