Re: ODF and binary data--why do you ignore it, Roy?

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:34:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Jesper Lund Stocholm on Monday 25 February 2008 07:34 : \____
>
>> Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> That's a little extream - and very unlikely.  I only mean that if they
>>> embed say another application in the document, then that application
>>> may not run on say Linux or MacOS X.  I don't really think this is a
>>> very likely scenario....
>>
>> How would you embed another application in a file? OOXML is a document
>> format - not an application or platform.
>
> The file can contain a description of an executable (or a pointer to a
> peripheral one). OOXML can contain arbitrary binaries, as well as Windows-only
> bits of code. I'll provide examples if you requires them.

I wouldn't trust a thing you say about OOXML, Roy Schestowitz and neither
should the other poster.

If you want to hear what Roy Schestowitz doesn't know about OOXML, listen
here:

http://www.linux.com/feature/122470

Schestowitz gets drilled a new one by people who DO know about OOXML.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: