Re: Microsoft Yahoo antitrust hearings predicted ..

____/ Rick on Sunday 24 February 2008 16:29 : \____

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:17:50 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:
>
>> on 24/02/08 16:06 Rick wrote:
>>
>>> I am wondering how much of this Yahoo acquisition junk is just a plan
>>> to weaken Yahoo.
>>
>> They want to  share' Yahoos' best brains ..
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20070614231022599
>
> ... or drive them away, lessening Yahoo's value, and weakening a
> competitor.

They already issue some statements as though it's a done deal. It's a
psychological thing I just thought when I first saw this. Some Yahoos have
already begun leaving and Cringely's prophecy/speculation seems to have an
element of truth. If Microsoft wants the brains in Yahoo as Bill Gates has
said, then it's in for a surprise.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie