[News] [Rival] Microsoft Criminal Arrives at VMWare?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Criminal Arrives at VMWare?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:21:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Former Softie Maritz to head cloud computing at EMC

,----[ Quote ]
| Former Microsoft Platforms chief Paul Maritz may be best remembered for his
| alleged threat to “cut off Netscape’s air supply.” (For the record, Maritz
| has denied he ever said those exact words.)
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1211

Uh oh! That's how they corrupt companies like Xen and even Google. Microsoft
inside jobs (proxies).

"The number of developers working on improving Linux vastly exceeds the number
of Microsoft developers working on Windows NT."

                --Paul Maritz, Microsoft

"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."

                --Paul Maritz, Microsoft

Related:

4 Reasons for VMware Not to Fear Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| How many things can one company do especially well? And how good is any one
| of the company's 'solutions' when the company has no consistent corporate
| raison d’etre? Microsoft runs the peril of confusing itself more than being a
| confident competitor. It lumbers now, as it always has, with its me-too
| products.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/58825-4-reasons-for-vmware-not-to-fear-microsoft

VMWare: Coming Out of the Cloud?