Re: [Rival] Microsoft Loses Developers, So It's Dumping Free (Gratis) Lockinware

> ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 20 February 2008 15:20 : \____
>
>> Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> * amicus_curious peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Dude, does Microsoft /pay/ you to act the fool?
>>
>> You don't know that amicus_curious aka billwg is Bill Weisgerber?
>>
>> Google for Bill Weisgerber and you will see that this twat has done
>> his shill service for MS for years, always in the same *extremely* dishonest
>> way.
>
> It's him. He's trying to deny this to create less than total certainty. It's
> the same with Gary Stewart. When Microsoft is decomissioned (one way or
> another) we'll find out the scale of their shilling here and elsewhere. It's a
> fact; not a speculation. It needn't be a check but a form of compensation.
> Microsoft has done a lot of this in the past year (with hard evidence). If you
> dare to state this, some anonymous coward comes up with words
> like "conspiracy" or "paranoid" etc. etc.
>
> Ask people in Slashdot who saw people /admitting/ that they did this (shilled
> for the abusive monopoly).

There's no secret here, this is very much what they do.  I'd suggest
that you try to avoid letting Weisgerber rile you, it's what he's here
for, and I'm sure he gets a personal kick from seeing you show any kind
of emotive reaction to his jibing.  He's the kind of person who would be
clobbered in the pub in the end for his incessant unpleasantness, but on
usenet, it's more difficult, although not impossible, to stop, as
several regular shills have found.

The killfile really is the proper solution.  As you say, it would be
better for people to silently plonk, *or*, here's a new suggestion, how
about marking the message with [PLONK] in the subject, so that we can
all kfile on the marker, thus avoiding seeing the shillpost.