Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

On Jan 9, 12:35 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tom Shelton <tom_shel...@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Jan 9, 4:25 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> The Linux Project: Gentoo revisited
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
>
> >>http://www.opednews.com/articles/life_a_pappy_080107_the_linux_projec...
>
> > Good for him...  Gentoo rocks!
>
> How does it rock any more or any differently from, say, Ubuntu?

It doesn't really, it comes down to personal preference...  Ubuntu is
nice, I dual boot one of my 3 gentoo boxes with Kubuntu.  I like
building the system from source.  I like the fact that a base gentoo
system is nothing more then a kernel and the basic tools to boot and
maintain the system - there is no gui installed by default.  I just
like the gentoo way of doing things.

--
Tom Shelton