Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 11:41 : \____

>> ____/ Robert M. Stockmann on Wednesday 09 January 2008 00:02 : \____

>>> The Conspiracy is very real
>>>
>>> "The problem with conspiracy nuts is that it affects their eyesight."
>>>
>>> The problem with conspiracies is that only people affected start to expose
>>> the conspiracy. I reckon I'm one of the directly affected ones. people not
>>> directly involved will never see the evidence, hence are not tempted to
>>> validate the presented evidence.
>>>
>>> The conspiracy sometimes does get reported and written down. A good
>>> example is the following :
>>>
>>> Here's a quote from page 159 inside :
>>>
>>> "Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of
>>>  the Age of Oil (Paperback)" by Michael C. Ruppert, Catherine Austin Fitts
>>>  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0865715408/103-64 07146-8266248
>>>
>>> http://crashrecovery.org/us-army-unix.jpg
>>>
>>> "It was also not by coincidence then that, in the same winter of 1994-95,
>>>  McCoy revealed to me that he was using former Green Berets to conduct
>>>  surveillance of the Washington, DC offices of Microsoft in connection
>>>  with the PROMIS case. FTW ("From the Wilderness") has, within the last
>>>  month, received information indicating that piracy of Microsoft products
>>>  at the GE Aerospace Herndon facility were likely tied to larger
>>>  objectives, possibly the total compromise of any Windows-based product.
>>>  It is not by chance that most of the military and all of the intelligence
>>>  agencies in the US now operate on UNIX or Macintosh systems."
>>>
>>> Is this for real? I think it is, as things like Linux and Open Source,
>>> Internet with free access to information are in direct conflict with what
>>> the establishment is aiming for. The endresult is that blog sites and
>>> Brian profit's linuxtoday.com are earning a living reporting this, and we
>>> today have open source webbrowsers like Firefox/Mozilla which directly
>>> undercut the above quoted. So don't worry. What makes me tired is of
>>> people who still keep talking, in 2008, that conspiracy nuts do have a
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> If some day a sane US president is _ELECTED_, i propose to award Richard
>>> Stallman with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Cause thats what we are
>>> fighting for here.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> It turns out that some trolls incited Bruce Byfield against him. One person,
>> foe example, abused Byfield and signed with my name. Bastards!
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/01/07/mistake-bruce-byfield/
>>
>> If this carries on, I'll just comment in sites where thee is verification of
>> identity.

s/thee/there/

> Quite possibly it was Timmy

No, that's not his style. Tim pretends to be polite while crouching to take a
sh*t at your back yard (and later asking for toilet paper and yells for
attention).

> he seems to know a lot about this.  The
> problem with anonymity is that people like Timmy are always going to
> abuse it if they can.  You said he uses some other nym on Digg, I think?

I linked to 4 separate incidents. I lost count of how many Digg accounts I had
terminated by telling Digg's management about forging of identity.

> Rather sums up the problem.  Dishonest people are what they are -
> dishonest.

That describes the Microsoft 'fans' in this newsgroup, who subscribe to a Linux
newsgroup. If they are not paid to do this, it makes no sense whatsoever. As I
pointed out in the URL above, 4 people (at least) are constantly watching my
Digg account and modding down all my comments within hours of posuing (that
would be over 100 times per day, for _SEVERAL MONTHS_). Those 4 people are Tim
Smith (the nym he uses is harlowmonkeys), Gary Stewart (username flatfish) and
somebody else from COLA who goes by the name 'kretik' (I'm not sure if it's
Erik, but he's too rude to be Erik and he's certainly from COLA). I can't
recall the username of the 4th shill. Digg is well aware of this issue (others
have complained), but it's caught in a free speech dilemma. Bear in mind that
Digg is now bragging about its business relationships with Microsoft (yes,
it's true!).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
Swap:  1510068k total,   805316k used,   704752k free,    54100k cached