Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is WONDERFUL

____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 09 January 2008 11:20 : \____

>>> http://www.openoffice.org
>>> http://www.livecdlist.com
>>> http://www.distrowatch.com
>>
>> Yes, looking at the headers of the OP, it's clear that a troll is here to
>> provoke again.
>
> Yes, it's a waste of space troll alright & posting
> through google probably. (I didn't see the OP)
>
>> FWIW, even Microsoft Office runs on Linux, thanks to WinE.
>> Those who think that Office is indispensable (which it ain't) can still
>> use it.
>
> Quite some time ago, in 2003, the state of Israel announced it was dumping
> M$ Office in favour of OpenOffice in all it's government departments. It
> began distributing Openoffice.org to its users in January 2004.
> Following this, the city of Austin (Texas) adopted OOo software. Governments
> in Germany, France, Brazil and China have also stated interest in going the
> open source route too.
>
> Seems they're all quite happy to use it, which makes the Wintrolls like
> Quack (who say it's crap) look like the M$ shills they are.

But, but... why doesn't anyone ad-ver-tise this? Oh wait... it's Free software.
Adoption is quiet. Vanity and lies in the press are not needed. Bill Gates has
already acquired a lot of the press anyway, so let Microsoft take pride in a
room full of mirrors where it only /seems/ like Microsoft is the hottest game
in town.

I've been reading a lot recently about Microsoft 'sinability to make as much
money as it used to. It's pricing its products with Linux in mind. But, but...
let them toss the loot back into the cash pile in a game called "buybacks".
Those who know better see exactly what is happening. Remember: Microsoft lost
over half of its cash piles in just 2 years.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
Tasks: 154 total,   3 running, 150 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie