[News] Microsoft Partner Tries to Stick .NET Trojan Inside a Linux Foundation

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Partner Tries to Stick .NET Trojan Inside a Linux Foundation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:44:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Canadian Windows ISV helps mobile Linux effort

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenNETCF Consulting, which has offices in Ontario, develops products for the
| Windows Mobile platform and is currently in the preliminary stages of a
| discussion with LiMo to get Novell's Mono Framework, the open source
| framework that replicates the .NET Framework, onto the Foundation's platform.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1753370351&rid=-50

Someone also tried Mono on OLPC.

Related:

de Icaza: Android's VM

,----[ Quote ]
| Once the source code for Android is released, it would be interesting to look
| into integrating Mono wiht it. It should already run on it, as its just
| Linux. What would be interesting is continuing to use C# to write code for
| it.
`----

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2007/Nov-13-1.html

OpenSolaris, Gobuntu, and be careful who you kiss

,----[ Quote ]
| I read the agreement between Xandros and Microsoft, and one of the excluded
| products was Mono, so Microsoft promises to not sue Xandros over their
| distribution but excluding Mono and a few other products, i.e. they reserve
| the right to sue over Mono. I wonder if this is an interesting preview of on
| what basis they want to fight the free world.
|
| Interestingly, the Novell deal seems to be different, Mono is not excluded
| from the Novell deal. So Microsoft seems to be promising not to sue Novell
| over Mono, but keeps the option open for Xandros. Weird but true.
`----

http://commandline.org.uk/2007/be-careful-who-you-kiss/

Miguel, Mono and Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]