[News] A Look at iRiver's New Linux-based Ultra-mobile PC

  • Subject: [News] A Look at iRiver's New Linux-based Ultra-mobile PC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:40:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CES 2008: iRiver Wing UMPC

,----[ Quote ]
| You’ve got to hand it to iRiver, they pump out some fantastic industrial
| design.  Latest to prompt a small puddle of drool around my keyboard is the
| Wing, a flash-based clamshell UMPC with 4-inch touchscreen and full QWERTY
| keyboard.  iRiver’s press release has it down as running embedded Linux
| Kernel 2.6, which is strange because some are reporting it to be a WinCE Pro
| machine; assuming the details from the horse’s mouth are correct, the 4GB of
| memory (and SD expansion) should be plenty for some compact Linux apps.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/ces-2008-iriver-wing-umpc-079492.php

Related:

iRiver announces handheld PC running Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| iRiver, the portable media player people, surprised us by announcing the Wing
| today. This is a handheld PC with a 4" TFT color touch screen, clamshell
| design and WiFi that runs embedded Linux. Since it's from iRiver, it will
| have plenty of multimedia apps. Sounds like a super-portable EeePC. . . We'll
| post photos once they're available.
`----

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=29354

Linux-powered PMP sports 7-inch touchscreen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6251626749.html