Re: [News] Geauga County Public Library Goes for Open Source and Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 08:06 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 15:06 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> There are huge opportunities opening up for people to integrate linux
>>> systems.  This is another of many, many, examples.  I remain somewhat
>>> surprised that Microsoft's so wedded to Windows that it cannot see what
>>> huge possibilities are building up on the ashes of its once-all-powerful
>>> monopoly.
>>
>> Speaking of Microsoft, it uses the 'charity' funds to keep some libraries
>> tied to Windows. This is also the case of the 'New France' from what I've
>> heard. There's too much manipulation and I continue to insist that the Gates
>> Foundation is in many way a proxy assisting Microsoft. It's effective, so
>> Gates 'retires' early.
>>

> The BBC were quoting him on their ceefax technology news again,
> apparently he was doing some live webcast thing, which illustrates just
> how unhealthly the relationship between the BBC and Microsoft and the
> money laundering Gates foundation is.  Apparently he was making all
> kinds of predictions about how the computer interface is going to
> change, but amazingly, didn't mention anything about mobility...  what
> an ostrich.

A man without a head cherishes the feet. Microsoft has a miserably 6% market
share in mobiles where it loses money like Palm to the power of 4.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
 10:20:01 up 29 days, 23:08,  4 users,  load average: 1.23, 1.30, 1.64