Re: Windows Vista Content Protection

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> DRM abusers should certainly be worried.  However, the vast majority
> of us are unlikely to abuse DRM; we merely want to use it.

Personally, I don't. I'd rather abuse DRM the same way it wants to abuse
me, by ignoring it. AFAIAC DRM is little more than an incompatible
format, and a broken one at that. Just using DRM encumbered content at
all is an admission of guilt, IMHO, since it supports the allegation
that one is a criminal who must be restrained and monitored. Well I
don't need a probation officer, thank you very much. If only the same
effort was dedicated to bringing *real* criminals like Microsoft, the
RIAA and the MPAA to justice, the world would be a very different place
indeed.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 05:36:30 up 19 days,  3:12,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.14, 0.45