[News] Microsoft Lies to the Philippines, Calls Proprietary OOXML a 'Standard'

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Lies to the Philippines, Calls Proprietary OOXML a 'Standard'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:45:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft reiterates need for ‘open standards,’ openXML

,----[ Quote ]
| Other vendors supporting openXML are Apple, Intel, Novell and Toshiba, among
| others, Microsoft said.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view_article.php?article_id=111056

Apple is in cahoots, doing patent deals with Microsoft for ages and welcoming
Microsoft Office.

Novell's deal with Microsoft forces it to support OOXML (it received money).
it's in the contract. It's like a bribe for support.

Toshiba is Microsoft's HDDVD/Zune partner, with ugly stories of possible
bribery duping, as covered by the New York Times.

Intel... just watch OLPC. The two criminals work in tandem.

Once again Microsoft spin, 'buys' companies mindshare and deceives.

Only yesterday, also in the Philippines:

Microsoft to open 'satellite' open source network lab in RP

,----[ Quote ]
| Although declining to give details, the local executives said the Microsoft
| open source network lab will test the interoperability of the company's
| products, including the new operating system Vista, with other environments.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view_article.php?article_id=110916

Microsoft getting open source religion in the Philippines?

,----[ Quote ]
| If I moved there, though, would I have to drink Microsoft's Kool-Aid like the
| Microsoft Philippines country manager has?
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9844616-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

FOSS Bill Listed For First Public Hearing

,----[ Quote ]
| Listed for November 15th, the hearing by The Committee on Information and
| Communications Technology has invited comment from various stakeholders
| potentially affected by the bill, including community representatives as
| well as industry giants Microsoft and Oracle.
`----

http://www.localfoss.org/Philippino_FOSS_Bill_Public_Hearing

The Open Source Bill

,----[ Quote ]